Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Weight of a Mantle

So this day has come to an end with quite a heavy load to bear. The missionary family received word that our dear Sister Barb Willoughby passed away. She had battled with cancer for over 12 years.

Just sitting here reflecting, I remember the times I have heard her minister she would always say she was a "worshipper". That was her sole purpose in life - to worsihp Jesus. Sister Barb lived out her life and fulfilled what she was called to do. The few times I was priviledged to be with her & sit and have conversation with her, she would always remind me to worship Jesus with everything that I had within me. Sister Barb had the innate ability to say just a few words, but give you food for thought for days. I always would go away, wanting my life to mirror hers.

Now that it has sunk in that she has passed, I realize there is no time to waste in using the mantle that she passed on. I truly feel the weight of her mantle - the responsibility to worship no matter what comes my way. The mantle of worship requires one to worship God because He is God and not just what He can do for me if I worship Him. There is no time like the present to step up to the plate and do my part, and make sure that my generation experiences the mantle of Barbara Willoughby. With a resounding yes, I will be a worshipper!!!!

No comments: