Monday, October 8, 2007

Choices


*before i begin the actual post, i want to thank my parents for the way that they have raised me, the choices they have allowed me to make, and for the support they have given me whether they have agreed with my choices or not.*



If you know me at all, you know that I am a nanny for 2 different families. The family that I have been with the longest is going through a nasty divorce. Without going into too many gory details, let's just say that mommy does not live at the same house as the child I take care of.


So. . .today while I was folding laundry, I hear my little boy and the neighbor boy having a super deep discussion. Upon taking notice that they were discussing such a heavy subject, I decided to go to the door and eavesdrop on their conversation. The follow dialogue is what I heard.

Neighbor Boy: "Why doesn't your mom liver here?"

Nanny Boy: "Well, she lives at the mommy house, and I live at the daddy house."

Neighbor Boy: "That's not what my mom said! She said that your mom is not here cuz she doesn't know how to make good choices!"

Nanny Boy: "Well that is true, but my daddy makes choices too."



It is at this point that I intervened and changed the subject to a lighter topic. Once they were happily drinking their Capri Suns and discussing their newest transformers, I returned to the laundry and my thoughts.



Choices
Made by Two
Created from the very start
With the intent to mold
My heart


As time went by
I made my own choices
Some good some bad
Learning how to sift
Through the voices


So now that I have grown
Ignoring the voices
I recognize my choices
Are now my own


What I pray for today Is that I will make Choices from my heart To influence these little ones From their very start


No comments: