Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Greatest General Conference Moment


As I sit here with my eyes closed, everything seems so vivid. I am keenly aware who is sitting to my right and to my left. I have memorized what the curtains look like, the carpet pattern, the french doors directly in front of me, and the voice that is piercing to the deepest part of my soul. As I sat listening to all the business taking place that night, my senses zone in on one particular phrase . . . "In this room, we are all family". After a time of prayer, and finally coming to my senses of those that cared about my soul, it was at this moment that I realized that this was the only room that made sense. There were no false pretenses of those that were in attendance, it was one real MK baring their heart and soul to another. Size, age and country of representation did not matter. However, the matter of importance was that love was conveyed to all those in attendance, and that there is a place for those of us in this strange world we call MK's. This my friends, is how I spent my Saturday night at General Conference at a place called the "MK Pizza Bash."

No comments: