Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

To my family in Africa:
You are the ones my heart longs to be with, but time & circumstance will not allow it. I pray that you have been blessed by surruounding yourselves with people who love you and will help you celebrate this wonderful day. Even though we are apart, know that you were not replaced or forgotten. Merry Christmas to those who consume every though of every day, and who are the subject of every conversation to anyone that will listen.

To my family in Canada:
I sure wish I could have spent this white Christmas with you. In fact I am jealous you had 2 ft of snow, and all I had was 33 degree weather with the sun shining. Life is different that we used to know it. Oh the memories of sitting on the kitchen floor (yes all 7 of us grands), and Poppa complaining that we had 200 chairs to sit on and we choose to sit on the floor. The days when getting gameboy was easier for Nana to buy than for her to decide what size of clothes would be best. Merry Christmas to you all as we go about the changes that life brings. Especially now as we branch out and become our own families. May we never forget the traditions that have made us who we are and may we celebrate them for many more Christmas' to come.

To the family who cared for me on Christmas 2008:
You all are incredible!!! My heart is overwhelmed at your thoughtfulness as you took in 2 stray girls and loved us like your own. You made us feel like we belonged and that was the greatest Christmas present anyone could ever give. You accepted us for who we are and allowed us to be ourselves. I pray you all will be blessed for giving the simple gift of love. You will never know what a great feeling it is. I am so blessed to have you in my life. You made me feel like I was with my own family. In fact there were a few times, that if I closed my eyes I thought for sure I was with them. I knew I loved you before this holiday and now I am convinced that I love you even more!! Merry Christmas to you ALL (the puppies included)!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Glad you had a merry Christmas! Sounds like fun!

And I've learned that missionaries -- and MKs -- are always missing someone at holiday times. No matter where we are, even when we are content and happy, we are still missing somewhere or someone. It's just one of our "things". :O)