Sunday, November 30, 2008

The 1st Day of December

While I am writing this and there is 46 minutes left of November and I have officially put up my Christmas tree (the lights will not be turned on until tomorrow - Dec 1st), and have decorated my blog for the blessed holiday season. I will stop and reminisce of such an incredible Thanksgiving weekend.

It all started on Wednesday November 26, 2008.
I was running around town for my dear friend Shauna to see if I could find her some wicker ornaments to hang. Yes I really did go to all the Home Goods in St. Louis and could not find a single one. In the midst of my running errands, my Pastor was in the hospital and found out he has 15 blockages & needs open heart surgery ASAP. Please keep him in your prayers. While I was taking care of church business and running around, I had a great chat with my dad. It had been a while since we were just able to talk, share ideas, exchange things we had been reading in the WORD. Yeah we're cool like that and we love to get on each others nerves. Oh and did I mention I did NOT have to nanny today - HALLELUJAH!!!!!! I really do love my nanny kids, but I do look forward to school holidays, because that means I usually have the day off too.

Thursday November 27, 2008.
This was a day to sleep in and I especially wanted to take advantage of that since it was in the middle of the week. However those who love me the most decided otherwise. I received 6 phone calls before 10 0'clock. But none-the-less I refused to be grouchy. It was Thanksgiving Day and I had way to much to be thankful for. I had dear friends who invited my sister and I over to their home for dinner. My pastor was out of the hospital. The Lord supplied money for my car to be fixed. I had plenty of delicious food to eat. My family called to wish me a "Happy Thanksgiving-from Africa". I have a home, clothes, a car, & good health. I have friends who put up with my weird sens of humor and laugh with me and not at me when I think something is funny.

Thanksgiving Day of 2008 will always hold a special place in my memory bank. It was this day that Java with Jenifer Joyce was truly initiated. I made name cards for everyone that was a member of Java with Jennifer Joyce at the Shirley home. There was quite a representation - the president: Cylinda Nickel, the North Carolina chapter, Missouri chapter, & the FMD chapter. If you want to know who these people are ask Cylinda.

On this day, I was introduced to "Dang-it Gary, *squallop* Lorraine, Cindy in her midwest town, and the pickup lines could go on forever. Also on this day, I chilled with some of my very best friends: Kaylah D & Cylinda & her family. There was no pressure - just a great time of laughter, quiet moments & good food.

Friday November 28, 2008

I actually had every intention of getting up at 8:30 a.m. becasue I had to run to the bank for my dad so they could move in to their new house. OOPS - I slept in & mom called to wake me up. Sorry dad!!! I got to the bank and took care of business. Please help me pray for Lorraine (yes that is her real name). I do business with her alot for mom & dad. I would love to win her to the Lord. I came back and took a shower, got Kaylah and we went and ate Mexican food - my fav!!!!!! We were finally on our way to the party store. Thank goodness they were open. Finally we arrived at the church.

Today was the MK Thanksgiving party - WOOT WOOT!!! Kaylah & I started the decorating process. If you know me at all you know I love love to decorate. So off to the storage closet I went and started pulling out all the "fall" stuff. I refuse to decorate for Christmas until it is Dec. Let me just interject that I so appreciate attending a church that has a decorating closet. We had so much fun making the fellowship hall cozy & warm for our MK family. Everyone started to arrive and the party was underway. When it was all said and done there were about 25 in attendance and not everyone showed up. It was a great time of fun, food, fellowship, and a few moments of prayer. Since this is my thanksgiving blog - let me just say I am so grateful/thankful for my MK family!!!!

I came home from the party Friday night and was quite agitated. Sometimes I get in those moods, and nothing seems to calm me down. So when that happens I start cleaning. For the sake of time let's just say I went to bed at 2. However, my house was spotless!

Saturday November 29, 2008

I slept in today - I just love holidays. I traded back and forth between the couch and the bed with Kaylah until it was time for me to go to work. It actually doesn't feel like work. I have been babysitting sweet Karly since she was 5 months old. She is now 17 months old and as sweet as can be. I was giving her a bath and she knows what swim like a fish means. Needless to say the entire bathroom & myself included was soaking wet. I got her out and was putting her jammies on her and she would grab my face and start patting my cheek. She was definitely getting sleepy and was a huge cuddle bug. I am so thankful for the Keske family. They are super sweet. As I was leaving, I mentioned to them that we were trying to raise money for mom to come home to be with us for Kaylah surgery. Without hesitation they said to let them know and they would support us financially. I am thankful for such sweet people in my life.
Sunday November 30, 2008
Only 1 service today!!!!!! Have I failed to mention I love holidays!!!! I went to church by myself today. Kaylah is just worn out from pain. We had a good move of the Lord there. However even though Pastor did not preach, he led worship and out did himself - he really needs our prayers! I came home and made Kaylah get up so we could go get some food. We decided to go to our favorite place to eat - Elephant Bar. We love going to this restraunt. It's so relaxing, out of the way, but in close proximity to the mall. Of course we made a quick run through the mall - we would have stayed longer but they were closing in an hour. However we did manage to buy each other a small Christmas present a piece. We came home and I pulled all the Christmas decorations out and made Kaylah lay on the couch as I decorated. Like I said before, the tree is up and decorated. However the lights are not allowed to be turned on until tomorrow!!!!
Since I have typed an entire book about 5 days of my Thanksgiving weekend, I must go for now. However, I hope that as you read this you will understand that I am truly grateful for all that God has done for me. I'm not the richest person in the world, nor do I claim to be the smartest. But what I do know is that every thing that I have has come from the Father. Without Him I would be nothing, could do nothing and would never be anything that I have dreamed. Take time to be grateful and thank Him for the little things. He loves to hear our thanks and rewards us in return. I truly believe that Thanksgiving comes before Christmas for a reason. It is a time of reflection on all the good things that He has given us. We may not be able to keep up with the Jones' across the road during Christmas, but we do have the ability to remember they way that He came to earth as a sweet babe to save us and how could we ever forget to thank Him enough for that.
Happy Thanksgiving 2008 friends!!! And remember to be thankful first and then celebrate His birth!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Aww, sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Love you!

Vonnie said...

Love you too ~ did ya'll celebrate Thanksgiving? Oh by the way, I connected you to my other blog "Kaylah's Story".

Cylinda Nickel said...

WE had a blast that weekend. Thanks again for ALL of your hard work- YOU all made that night as special as can be by decorating, and running hither and yond, setting up- It was great. Thanks for being you!!