Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Psalm 3

Last night I was doing my Bible Reading, and as I was about to go to bed I felt impressed to read Psalm 3. Not remembering what passage this was, I quickly opened my Bible and read the enitre chapter like 5 times.

Verse 5 hit home:
But thou O Lord,
Art a sheild for me;
My glory
And the lifter of my head.
I read this over and over again, because I knew that this was to be my verse for today. The Lord knew that Kaylah's Dr appointments were going to be stressful, our car would break down and that we would need to be strong regardless of what the doctor said.
This was definitely my verse today!!! God literally was with us all afternoon long. I felt Him the moment our car decided to start stalling all the way down Olive Blvd - He truly confirmed He was a shield for us becasuse we did manage to pull into the doctor's office safe and sound. I knew He was with us as I started calling around for a rental car - He was my glory as I found that last rental car that Enterprise had for the day. Jesus wrapped His arms around me as I walked into church - and the entire time He was the lifter of my head.
Verse 6 says:
I will not be afraid
Of ten thousands of people
That set themselves against me round about
I have strenght tonight in knowing that He truly is with us and He knows exactly where we are at. We will complete this journey with a grateful heart knowing that He deserves all the praise!
Verse 5 says:
I laid me down and I slept
I awaked for the Lord sustained me
I have comfort in knowing He is my strength and that He will give us rest. He truly is our shield and no weapon formed against us shall prosper.
While these verses are out of order, they have ministered to me in this particular way all day. I was reminded of a song that I sang with chorale during my 3 years at Gateway that is my anthem today.

No comments: